When you reach the mid-20s, you might find yourself knee-deep in work, with almost no free time. On the other hand, you might also find yourself unsure about how to proceed on this journey called life. Questions about security, career, and future all come crashing on to you all of a sudden.
Some of the most common realizations that occur when you reach your mid-20s:
- You are not as young as you used to be
- You do not have enough time to do all the things you want to do
- Your childhood, whether good or bad, had been some of the best moments of your life
- The sharpness of your brain is not quite what it used to be
Issues concerning family, marriage, stability etc. show their full face during this time. In today’s world, we are maturing at a much later age than that of our forefathers. This may be partly due to the fact that a lot of us get into jobs at a much later time in our lives than our ancestors did. This means the mid-20s become a time of self-reflection, soul-searching, and transformation.
Of course, that is no reason to be gloomy. In Bangladesh, a lot of people in their mid-20s are doing extremely well. Just recently, the famous 10-Minute School founder Ayman Sadiq of Bangladesh won the Queen’s Young Leader Award. Another Bangladeshi in her mid-20s. Zaiba Tahyya also received the award. They collected the awards from Queen Elizabeth II herself.
Some things you can do to make your mid-20s meaningful:
- Set medium-term goals to aid your long-term career and family goals. Medium-term goals, such as a 2-3 year target, are better than short-term goals because of their longevity. It is important to break down your long-term aim to medium-term goals because it helps in providing you with a track to achieve your long-term aim.
- Learn from everything and everyone
- Be hardworking
- Be receptive to new ideas
Be happy if you are going through your mid-20s. The world is your oyster. It is time for you to show the world what you are capable of. Don’t stop learning and don’t let depression overwhelm you. Throughout your life, difficult times will come, but what is truly important is to face those times with courage and patience.
Hey, if you are looking for your marriage partner, you can open an account at biyeta.com.