A marriage biodata is like a resume used for matrimonial purposes. It includes extensive information about the individual, and is designed to help the recipient determine his or her compatibility.
A marriage biodata creates the first impression about the kind of person you are; so while creating a biodata, you need to careful. Here we have created a list of items that should be included in a professional biodata which may be a help for you.
1. Use a template or be creative to make your own biodata format
There are number of templates for creating a biodata. You should choose the one that best presents you. At first, you need to decide which and how much information you want to provide and then choose the appropriate one.
2. Don’t forget the essentials: name and contact detail
At the very beginning, you must include your full name. Then you will include your contact details including your complete address, phone number, email id and social networking ids.
3. Get a nice shot: photograph in a marriage biodata
A picture is worth a thousand words. Put a recent, full length photo of yours which best describes not only your face but also your personality. Always take suggestion from your family and friends. Make sure that you are smiling and wearing formal clothes and accessories. But never go for extreme photo editing options.
If you want to make your photograph more attractive, then please have a look at following blogs:
4. Go in detail to describe about you and your family
In this section, you will include your details. You can include those information under the following headings:
- Age and / or Date of Birth
- Place of birth
- Blood Group
- Physical Disability ( only if applicable)
- Status (only if Divorcee or Widow / Widower)
In this section, you are going to describe a brief of your profession:
- Job title
- Name of employer
- Job location
In this section, you need to include complete educational backgrounds. It should include name of your school, college and university along with major and results.
In this section, you must include details information about your family. The information about the family will look something like this:
- Name of Father, his qualifications and occupation
- Name of Mother, her qualifications and occupation (if working)
- Name of Grandfathers, their qualifications and occupation
- Number of siblings, their qualifications and occupations, mentioning the eldest / youngest etc.
- Family Structure: Nuclear or Joint
You are supposed to add the details of your uncles and aunties both from paternal and maternal sides as some people do like to know about them if they are holding high positions in society or have a great career.
This section should describe you as a person including your –
- Likes and dislikes
- Beliefs and opinions
- Eating and drinking preferences
5. Mention your expectation from your partner in Marriage Biodata
In this section, you are supposed to describe your life partner. Be open and honest; talk about his/her age, looks, profession, educational background, family type etc.
While creating your marriage biodata, you should remember the following tips –
- Make your biodata a clear, simple and innovative one.
- Must add at least one recent, full length photograph.
- Check for grammatical mistakes and spelling errors.
- Make sure that all information are accurate.
- Do not be secretive or negative.
- Do not mention too many expectations.